Cold, Cough, Sinusitis, Bronchitis, Respiratory Problem
Ayurveda for Common Cold & Cough
This is a very common problem and is caused by aggravation of Kapha. It is also caused by weak digestion. When the food we eat is not fully digested it changes into ama. This mucus or ama reaches the respiratory system and causes cold or cough. Other causes are exposure to cold or humid conditions or cold air.
Causes For Cold & Cough:
Viral respiratory tract infection is the most common causes for cough. Some other possible causes are:-
- Viral infection of respiratory tract.
- Lung infection.
- Climatic change.
- Cold and flu.
- Infections via dust or Normal Infections.
- Use of cold drink or food immediately after warm
Now we will discuss some remedies which much better to treat with each type of cold, cough and fever and even complete cure is possible.
Home Remedies for Cough (Dry and Wet) & Cold
- In case of dry cough especially if it trouble is during the night, take cardamom (Ilaychi), dry ginger, black pepper and cinnamon (dalchini) in equal quantity, say 10 gms each. Take white sugar equal to the total weight that is 40 gms. Grind them and make a fine powder. From this take half a tea spoon (about 3 gms.) twice a day with honey or warm water after meals.
- In case of sore throat a clove or two cardamoms can be chewed.
- Gargling with warm salty water is very beneficial two to three times.
- Lemon juice with warm water and honey. It soothes sore throat, boosts vitamin C intake and releases excess cough.
- Tulsi and long pepper (Kali Mirch) in equal quantity grind together and rolled into small pills, take 3-4 times daily. Tulsi has antiviral, antioxidant property. It is good immune-modulator. Long pepper relieves inflammation.
- 5 gm ginger juice mixed with one amla's (Indian gooseberry) juice and one teaspoon honey with a little water. It boosts body immunity and decongestant.